**This item does NOT thread directly onto your barrel, it is used in conjunction with one of our Outside Threaded Muzzle Devices.**
Breek’s new slim-line Castle Blast Shield is a muzzle accessory designed to reduce the felt blast noise and concussion for the shooter and nearby operators while still focusing on keeping things compact and lightweight. The blast shield compresses tight to the back of the muzzle brake and directs the noise forward, downrange from the shooter. Anyone nearby on the range or in the field will appreciate the blast being re-directed away from them, improving their hearing and even reducing the burst of gas that can be felt from certain muzzle brake designs when a secondary operator is close.
With the Blast Shield installed it will reduce your muzzle brake’s effectiveness. But if you are shooting alone or just don’t care about the extra noise you are making, it can easily be threaded off and back on as desired. This allows you to pick the benefits you want in any circumstance, without requiring any tools to change anything out.
The 1.26″ outside diameter design allows for the Blast Shield to fit inside most slim-line handguards. And coming in at only 2.15 inches long it adds negligible overall length to your rifle. The 6061 aluminum body and anodized finish of our blast device is made to last. And while it is strong, it is also extremely light weight coming in at a mere 1.6 ounces!
- 1.26″ outside diameter fits inside almost any handguard, even slim-line handguards
- 2-1/8″ length adds negligible overall length to most muzzle devices
- 1.6 ounces – Incredibly light, especially important for a component that is out at the end of the barrel
- 13/16 x 16 tpi threading – works with ALL of our Outside Threaded Muzzle Devices
- Design re-directs noise and gasses away from the shooter
Note: The Blast Shield does not protect your ears from the full noise of shooting – it is not a suppressor. Always wear ear protection when shooting!